Friday, February 17, 2012

Cabin Fever


February in Wisconsin
gets old.
This is time for tropical vacations,
this is why we are the fifth drunkest state
in the US.

Outside it’s snowing fluriously;
not the fresh, hopeful snow of December,
not the ‘each-flake-a-unique-miracle’ snow,
or even the big flakes children cut with
blunt-nosed scissors
to decorate classrooms…

just more damn snow

This is for G-man's Flash Friday 55.  Go check it out.  And, just for the record, this has been a very mild winter in Wisconsin, not much snow at all.  In fact yesterday it was about 45 degrees F (which is just not right).  It's just that 'cabin fever' time of year.

Image from stillwatertheatre.org

14 comments:

  1. Mary Bach...
    I absolutely know that feeling!
    I feel for ya Cheeser...:P
    Loved your 55 My Friend
    You Rock The Dairyland!
    Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks G-man! Hope you have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  2. um can you box some up and send it our way...we got none...maybe they delivered it to you on accident....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can keep it, it's true
    I want none in my view
    And the fifth drunkest state
    Need to get on that to raise the rate
    Well all want to be number one right?..hahaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Wisconsin is only #5 in drunkenness (amount sold per person) but we are #1 in binge drinking. Not sure how that is defined, and no - I'm not proud of it. O.o

      Delete
  4. You make me remember why I left Chicago--though as you note, some snow is really cool--I esp like the amazing silence you get (except for wind)in a three day blizzard--but too much of anything, like four months of no sun and lead sky, gets old. Great 55, Mary.

    UGH--I *hate* this new word verfication!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joy - Yes, I love snow through about the end of January, and I do love the big storms - any season. Thanks. And, I agree about the word verification!

      Delete
  5. A lovely plea for snow! Or is it? Good little read, Mary.

    (Now I have to prove I'm not a robot. I'm not! I'm NOT! Not last time I looked, anyway)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um...not sure Doc. Good to know you aren't a robot! :o)

      Delete
  6. It is about 50 degrees & sunny in New Jersey so I can understand your being slyly hostile. ;o~Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this time of year I'm generally sick of snow, but this year I don't have much to complain about. So in the words of Joe Walsh, 'I can't complain but sometimes I still do.' lol

      Delete