Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Tangle (reading)

There is more
than sex and death,
black and white

There is
the smooth, firm curve of grey,
with infinite points along
the cusp

This is where we live –
in the tangle
amid agony that may
(at any moment)
 reveal
bliss


Here is my poem Tangle read by Avril Yospa.  Enjoy!


A Note: This poem has been posted earlier on my blog, here but when my friend with the lovely voice agreed to record it for me I decided to re-post it.  This was originally a Magpie Tale along with an absurd Top Ten List back in February.

9 comments:

  1. Mary, the reading was very good, and the woman that read was wonderful...but, I am a visual poet and I need to see the words. Would you post the words as well so I can read them a couple of times before I listen to it again?

    Thank you

    Wander

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing - done! And thanks for stopping by Chris. :o)

      Delete
  2. Thank you Mary!
    the poem is very good

    Wander

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes. Sex and death and maybe dancing... those are some of the landmarks along the way. It's that tangle in between that's tough. And the thorns buried in the tangle.

    You are so good at this poetry stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved how seemingly disparate images come together seamlessly in this. Just wonderful

    "This is where we live –
    in the tangle
    amid agony that may
    (at any moment)
    reveal
    bliss"

    Bril. Just bril.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yes, this really tells it, Mary.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  6. For the life of me I cannot understand why we so insist on black and white!
    The cusp, the greys with the uncertainties, the spikes of pain and bliss. That where adults live!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all!

    Stafford, I agree - give me purple, indigo, teal...:o)

    ReplyDelete