Thursday, April 18, 2013

Fly Away


Today I sat down to reflect
and found my life in disarray,
I've drifted, things just don’t connect.
Today I sat down to reflect,
and I’m not sure what to expect -
I think it’s time to fly away.
Today I sat down to reflect
and found my life in disarray.

Here's a Triolet for NaPoWriMo Day 18.  

I really am going to be traveling until the end of the month.  I will continue to write a poem a day, but I don't know about the internet availability, so I may miss posting daily.  And, in spite of the tone of this poem I'm really excited about this trip to the UK where I will get to meet up with a few writing friends!  :o)

9 comments:

  1. Hiya Mary,
    Coming over here are you?
    You timed it just right we finally have the flowers we should have had in March, those from April and already some usually appearing in May [lillies of the valley]/ It's a riot.
    Have a happy time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds great Aprille! We still have a little snow here! Thank you very much! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bon voyage, Mary. I know how things can get disconnected in the time leading up to a trip. Have a wonderful time smelling the flowers Aprille has mentioned.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun traveling:-)
    You gonna post pics and updates on FB?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Written just for me, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great flight as you ravel and see things in a new light.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Triolets do tend to sound a bit mournful, but I know you're excited--have a wonderful trip Mary, and we'll hope for the occasional poem when you get the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am identifying a bit much with this poem, I think it may be an early night for me. Have a safe trip and a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete