Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Springtime Voodoo


     Image: Starry Night by Vincent van Gogh from vangoghgallery.com

Intimate winds tickle my ear,
whispering of brave, dark nights
to curl around me like a spooning lover.
Dulcet shadows caress my face,
and promise me the moon.
Lush skies press close
so pregnant with stars 
that they drip down to earth
and pool at my feet.
Springtime voodoo calls to me…

I fall for it every time.


This is for NaPoWriMo #10.  Someday perhaps with some time and rewriting it might be an ok poem.  As is I realize it's rushed.  

10 comments:

  1. Spring time voodoo... hmmm... makes me want to take a trip to Louisiana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure got the voodoo bad at your pad

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely. "so pregnant with stars that they drip down to earth and pool at my feet."

    Honey, I fall for it every time too. Spring just breaks us down to build us up, and I fall for it, I break down, every single time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You create such wonderful images! I can feel the night and the shadows and the stars pooling at my feet. The whole thing is very nice. Thank you for sharing it.
    ~Jennifer Clark - Threshold to Madness

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm the stars dripping down to earth to pool at your feet...what a cool image mary...very nice piece....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is more that okay already. I agree with the above comments that the pregnant stars dripping and pooling line is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The way I fall for your verses every time, no doubt! This another true stunner. The images are powerful indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it and I can really feel the images.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the word choice in this. I "fall" for it every year too! Nice, Mary. Sometimes even the quick ones fall together right when properly inspired!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for your kind comments. Happy spring!

    ReplyDelete