Thursday, April 16, 2015

Cosmic Egg Roll

    Cosmic Galaxy Egg by Andrew Logan

Time swirls across the cosmic egg;
what wonders will it hatch?
and what came first? the question begs.
Time swirls across the cosmic egg -
come roll with me on this next leg,
grab all the moments we can catch.      
Time swirls across the cosmic egg;
what wonders will it hatch?


Over in the Imaginary Garden Lolamouse asked us to write a visionary poem about an image from The American Visionary Art Museum in Baltimore, MD.  I chose the Cosmic Galaxy Egg and wrote a sort of Triolet.  This is a stanza poem of eight lines. Its rhyme scheme is ABaAabAB: the first, fourth and seventh lines are identical, as are the second and final lines, and often all lines are in iambic tetrameter (though not this time).

15 comments:

  1. I went to chinese the other day
    And orderd the cosmic egg roll
    Much to my suprise
    What came before my eyes
    Resembled infinity
    In a psychadelic nightmare
    Next time i think I will stick
    With the crab puffs

    Sorry no spell check

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too wonder what will hatch?!
    Fun, to read

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done. The triolet is intriguing, I must try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seemed it hatched the wonders of imagination in you. I believe the beauty is in the question. Lovely piece

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know about when and if the cosmic egg will hatch, Mary.
    But I do know that if one believes the Bible then it was the chicken. The Bible says that God created the chicken, not the egg. That is my answer to the begging question.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that line, 'Time swirls across the cosmic egg' — and I agree about grabbing all the moments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good triolet.. and yes you might wonder what came first.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe it will hatch a goose that lays golden eggs

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm very fond of triolets, and when well done like this one, they really remind me of bells pealing--there is a repetition that comes home with each swing of the clapper--and also--I LOVE the title.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Triolets are one of my favorite types of poem! No one knows what the cosmic egg will hatch-that's the fun (or the scariness!) of life! Thanks for participating in the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Words swirling along with egg....'grab all the moments we can catch.'....rich meaning of egg...Great!

    ReplyDelete